On Monday two wonderful things happened.
The first involved a hospital appointment. Not to go into too much detail but I’m happier now because of it.
The second was the fact I passed my Level 3 Business Administration NVQ. Six months work condensed into three weeks and a pass at the end of it? Yeah. I couldn’t be more chuffed.
Then today something even more wonderful and strange happened. Last Thursday I threw caution to the wind and submitted a story for an anthology. The Not Quite Shakespeare, UK Anthology to be precise. I actually submitted it after putting myself through the mill about submitting it.
Today I heard something back.
And yep, it got accepted. Like accepted for real. Like oh shit on a stick it’s going to be published accepted.
So yes. My first ever published short story will be out on the 2nd June 2014. It stars Josef and Will and a theatre.
I’m off now to scream inside a room where no one can hear me.
Like for the next hour.
I wrote the story. It’s semi ready. It needs to be submitted. But I’m not sure, because all of a sudden today my confidence left the building and took a holiday.
Stolen from other places..
So I sent my first 2 parts of my short to my friend to be edited.
Bag of nerves doesn’t cover it she is the comma queen.
Okay. Second blog.
Stuff for 2014. Rather than say I want a new kitchen and windows (I do), and that I want to loose a shit load more weight (I do) I do actually have some writing goals for 2014. They may only be small ones but they are there.
1. Submit my completed short story for the UK Anthology with Dreamspinners. A tale set in Blackpool involving, Frank Sinatra, a theater, a man named Josef and the National Trust.
What can go wrong with that?
2. Complete and submit my first 50k novel – Nudge. Neil Diamond, cop cars, Batman, and boys named Chris and Will.
3. Submit HALO. A 5k short I did set in Cyprus. A runner, a broken leg and a balcony. Rear Window fanfic? Quite possibly.
4. Start and complete my Manchester Pride story. Connected to Nudge possibly part of a series.
5. Write the story about the serial killer. Yeah a Serial Killer.
6. Go to the UK meet in Bristol. Well pay for it. How I get there is another thing.